Chicken Banjara | How to make village style original chicken curry recipe cooked by “Banjaras”

Chicken Banjara | How to make village style original chicken curry recipe cooked by “Banjaras”


Good Evening Friends! I, Ravi Sisodiya, today bring to you a very delicious and an old recipe Some time back, I went to Udaipur there I went to a village with one of my relative I met few banjara people there So, I asked them how do you cook mutton or chicken? So they told me to come in evening I went in evening so what they told me is what I will share with you They said that we Banjaras never are on one place, we always keep roaming whatever they find, they eat Generally they eat Raw Chicken and they have all kinds of spices and using these spices they cook country chicken or mutton That’s why the recipe I am making today is village style banjara chicken original recipe from Banjaras the name of banjara was Shakti Singh he told me that the ingredients that we use are as follows Country Chicken – 600 gm Poppy Seeds – 50 gm Ginger Paste – 2.5 tbsp Gram – 30 gm Coriander leaves – 40 gm Green Chilli – 6 Bay Leaf – 1 Large Pepper – 2 Cinnamon Stick – 1 Black Pepper – 5 and Cloves – 5 Also Tomato – 3 I have made its puree Finely chopped onions – 3 Salt – 1 tbsp Red chilli Powder – 1.25 tbsp Garlic – 6 Cumin Seeds – 5 gm or 1 tsp Turmeric – 1/2 tbsp using all these ingredients we will make chicken banjara As you can see I have taken a heavy bottom pan They use aluminium pan which I don’t have I have heated it We either add oil or clarified butter What they do is they add onions keep the flame on low heat Keep stirring the onions so that they don’t stick to the bottom this is a very different recipe Banjara people first add onions to it after adding onions to it they add Hot Spices Bay Leaf Large cardamom Cinnamon Stick 5-5 pieces of cloves and black pepper stir it continuously and make them light brown these onions are now light brown now we will add oil at this stage first onions, then hot spices and then oil cook it for 2-3 mins onions as you can see are now light brown Now add the paste of poppy seeds, ginger and gram to the pan The recipe which Shakti Singh told me is what I am making So that the recipe is authentic this paste is now well cooked Now let’s add another paste of garlic and coriander We have added paste of coriander and also of poppy seeds and cooked it for a while Now we add tomato puree raw tomato puree we have cooked it well now in this we add green chilli also we add cumin for flavor salt take according to taste red chilli powder according to taste Also in this dish we add chicken Now we are cooking it properly now with your approximation add water to the pan now cover the lid and cook for 20-25 mins Approx 20 mins have elapsed and I have stirred it well for 2 times The water that we added is for cooking the gravy in between stir for 2-3 times In this gravy is also cooking and chicken will also tender last ingredient is turmeric it will take around 3-4 mins for cooking so we will cover it 30 mins have elapsed the gravy is well cooked now chicken must be tender 90% but let me check I am taking out one piece I have a matchstick with which I will check the tenderness this is now 90% tender I had covered the lid for 30 mins and stirred in between to mix the ingredients 90% chicken is tender Now keep the gravy open and cook for 2-3 mins As you can see the gravy is well cooked and chicken is almost tender now Now in this pan we are adding water so that the remaining 10% tenders in this way First we added water to cook gravy and tender chicken Since the chicken is 600 gms after adding water so we have added water accordingly and when we add water always remember to add water because quantity of salt reduces I am using 1/2 tbsp salt Add coriander for flavor After 20-25 mins this will be ready for cooking 20-25 mins have elapsed and chicken is well ready now banjara chicken Now I will transfer this in a separate bowl I request you all that this banjara chicken is authentic please try this recipe if you like, please share and subscribe. Thank You!!

4 thoughts on “Chicken Banjara | How to make village style original chicken curry recipe cooked by “Banjaras”

  • Authentic recipe Hukum…. first time I have seen the recipe for desi chicken in a different style and ingredients… Thanks.

  • Sir…ur recipes r awesome to see…but we can't understand in hindi.. kindly give subtitle while cooking..we know the ingredients from description..but we need from while cooking

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *