– Oh, that’s crazy.
– This is actually really cool. – As though this is what
normal people do with yogurt. – Oh, wow.
That TOTALLY worked! ♪ (upbeat intro) ♪ – (FBE) Well, today, we’re going
to be showing you five foods that you can use without eating.
– I can use without eating? Okay. I can like, what? Like,
clean lemons and lemon ju– I can clean– ohhh!
– (FBE) Have you heard of any hacks or anything on, like, Twitter
of people like, “Oh, I use this thing to fix this or to build this”
or anything like that? – Oh, man. No, I haven’t.
So, I’m curious to see what I learn here today.
– (FBE) You ready to find out if these work?
– I am born ready. – (FBE) So, we’re gonna start you off
with a commonly discussed hack. This is using a walnut
to get scratches out of wood. – (gasps) Oh, I’ve seen
this one on Twitter. Okay. I’m ready.
– (man) If you have scratches on wood furniture, walnuts does
an amazing job of hiding the scratches. All you have to do is work
the walnuts into the scratch. – No way.
– I’ve seen this one. – (man) …allow the wood to absorb…
– Wait, what?! – (man) …the oils…
– I don’t like that sound, that scratchy sound. Ew.
Ugh, stop. Oh, man. – Nah. He’s capping.
There’s no way there’s gonna work. – This is like
the Top Ramen thing. (laughs) – (man) Let that set
for a few minutes. – Whoa! – No way.
– What?! – How do people discover
this kind of stuff, you know? Who was like, “Hey, let’s maybe try
rubbing a walnut on my scratch.” – All right.
– (FBE) Here’s your walnut and scratched wood.
– This wood is very scratched. There’s no way the walnut’s
gonna do anything for this. – Here’s our wood.
It is scuffed as you can see. – How am I gonna get it out?
With a walnut. So, you just wanna work it in, right?
(clears throat) Ooh, you can see the oils working right there, right?
– Wait a minute. It’s kind of getting smooth low-key.
– Yeah. – Wait, you do yours.
– Am I making it worse? I don’t know.
– I don’t know to be honest. – I don’t think I’m doing this right.
– Maybe it depends on the type of– oh, no, no, no. It’s filling in.
– Okay. So, I’m definitely making the bottom piece of the wood
that was peaking through darker. – Wow. (sing-song) I see a difference. – I didn’t know these
really had some juice in ’em. – Now, who sits here
to figure this out? – What guy saw a scratch and said,
“Wait, let me get the walnuts out.” – Keep going. Keep going.
– So, this way, this way, this. – Yeah. Ohhh. That’s crazy.
– This is actually really cool. – Now that you got the oils in, mm.
(sniffs) Smells good. All right. I’m gonna buff it out, right?
All right. Here we go. – Never understood what
the microfiber part means exactly. – This is really fun.
I could do this all day. My nuts are breaking.
– Not the nuts! – (chuckles) Oh, no.
Oh, no. I just busted this… ♪ (“Seinfeld” theme music) ♪ – I mean, it’s better.
But I wouldn’t say it’s fixed. – Who would do this and then be like,
“Oh, you fixed it! Thanks.” No, you just wasted some walnuts.
That could’ve been used for a salad. – Now, that looks
a whole lot better, doesn’t it? Ah, yeah.
– I would say absolutely not. (laughs) It looks pretty similar.
– You know what? That fixed it low-key.
– It do look better than the original. – (FBE) So, next up, we’re gonna
be using some bananas. – Ohhh. What can you
repair with a banana? – (man) All right. Today,
I am going to be showing you how to do a banana peel shoe shine.
– (chuckles) – (man) So, I have the banana peel.
And so, what you’re gonna do is you’re gonna take a banana peel…
– Oh, it’s the inside. – (man) …gonna rub it
all over the show just like that. Make sure you get all sides.
– Huh. – (man) …gonna take
my clean cloth… – Okay.
– (man) …and then I’m just gonna scrub really hard…
– But then your shoe’s gonna smell like bananas.
– (man) …on the shoe. And you can see it’s starting
to clean up… – Whoa. That’s really,
really impressive. That was awesome.
– (chuckles) Oh my god. – Now I really wanna try that.
– If you just spritzed the cloth and did the same damn thing,
I think it– all right. Bring on the banana.
– So, here’s the shoe. As you can see,
it’s very scuffed. It’s a little bit dirty.
Might cost you a good $20-$25 to get shined.
Not today. – Now, you wanna make
kinda like a vertical motion, right? Oh yeah. That’s nice. See?
You wanna make sure that shoe gets all the potassium.
– I would’ve never thought I would end up doing this.
– Again, imagining being the guy at home like, “Damn.
I gotta clean my shoes.” – “All I got is a banana.”
– (chuckles) – He goes, “Hm?”
– “Hm? Let’s see.” – This just feels like
I’m doing something wrong! – I think just doing it in real life
is very different than seeing it on video.
– Cool. Now I have a shoe that smells like bananas.
– Oh, I see the dirt coming off. – Yeah.
– Look at how much dirt this got off. This is definitely effective in that.
– Looks a little cleaner than what it was, so it is better.
– That’s the only thing is there’s some banana residue and–
– It filled in the scratches on the shoe.
– It’s a no for me. Yeah, it got it off,
but I’m sure water could do the same thing.
– Right. – (imitates buzzer) on this hack.
– “What’d you do today?” “Oh, I rubbed a banana on a shoe,
and I got it kind of wet. And now it just looks like a shoe
that smells like bananas, so cool. Life hack.”
– Now, you’ve got a shoe that smells like bananas,
and who wants that? – (FBE) You can wash it.
– Yeah, but if you’re gonna wash it, why don’t you just
[bleep] polish it too?! – This one works at adding
some shine to a dull pair of shoes, but it’s not gonna clean it.
– (FBE) Next up, let’s use some vinegar.
– Okay. – Ooh, okay.
– You could do a lot with vinegar. – (woman) I would like
to show you how to clean glass with water and vinegar.
– Awww, look at her. She’s such a cutie.
– (woman) One part vinegar and two parts water.
Put in one part vinegar. – Oh. I thought she was just
pouring it down the drain. – (woman) A little bit more water.
– Grandma has all the recipes. She knows what’s up.
– (woman) And then I’m gonna clean this crystal bowl
in the water with vinegar. Always rinse.
– Or just use dish soap. – (both chuckle)
– (woman) And dry it. – I believe this one’s gonna work. It worked on the windows
at my apartment. (chuckles) – (FBE) We didn’t just wanna
hand you our dirty dishes. – Fair.
– (FBE) So, we figured we’d hand you a clean dish, we’d save the banana
from the last hack, and then you can dirty up your dish and then clean it.
– Wow. That’s sustainable right there. I don’t think it is, but all right.
So, I’m just gonna banana this plate up.
– Ew. Oh. Oh. I would need gloves for this.
– Yeah. Yeah, see? You know, just like–
actually, you know, more efficient. – (groans)
– Oh. Now we all smell like banana. – I feel like I’m one
of the people on an infomercial who’s just doing something
so ridiculous to make the problem. Like, “Oh, no!
My plate’s so dirty!” (chuckles) – Just gonna do a little bit
of this, a little bit of that. Ooh, that is a–
that’s vinegar. I smell that. – Are you sure this is
the correct mixture? We got one parts vinegar,
two parts water here? – (FBE) Yeah.
– Mm! Vinegar just like grandma used to make. I can already
see a difference. It’s coming out pretty– ooh.
– I can see it picking it up. – Yeah, it does get rid of it.
– Mm-hmm. – Oh, that’s clean!
I don’t even gotta– – That very shiny.
– I don’t even need to put force into it.
– I actually kinda like the smell of vinegar, so this is
an enjoyable one. – Yeah. I mean,
it works pretty well. But then you gotta
smell vinegar all day. – Ta-da! (chuckles) Yeah.
I would say this works. – This place is now ready
to be put at the table for Thanksgiving.
It actually doesn’t even smell like vinegar,
so it works. – Bam. Look at that.
– There it is. It worked. – Thumbs on this hack.
– (FBE) Next, you’ll be seeing what you can do with ketchup.
– Oh, I love ketchup. I put way too much ketchup
on everything. ♪ (upbeat music) ♪ – It didn’t say “Cut here.”
– Okay. Is that a razor blade? – Let me guess.
What, it takes out rust? – Ew.
– This editing! – Wow.
– That’s pretty impressive. – That required a 24-hour
waiting period. Do I have to sit here for 24 hours? – (FBE) Yeah.
– Ah, [bleep]. (chuckles) – Let’s see it.
– We got rusty over here. – I’m good on passing, you know.
This one, it’s– I’m good. – (FBE) You sure?
– Yup. Positive. – (FBE) Okay. And why is that?
– I don’t like ketchup. Not a fan. Never had it.
Never want it. Smells weird. Looks weird. Looks like blood.
– What, I just wipe the ketchup off? What’s this other one?
– (FBE) Yeah. That is the one that did not have ketchup
on it overnight, so– – Oh, it’s the control.
– (FBE) Exactly. – Okay.
– Ah, yes. Just, you know– what is this nail even used for?
It’s like a horseshoe. – I don’t think it– oh! Okay.
You have to rub a little bit. – Man.
– We’re gonna use that one as the comparison. So, that’s the one
that has not had no ketchup. – Not only ketchup, but this is
ketchup that’s been out for 24 hours. – It’s the inferior condiment,
honestly. Mustard is so much better. – The ketchup is off.
Ooh, okay! All right. This one is smoother.
This one is smoother. – Oh, wow. That TOTALLY worked!
– I mean, it’s not the results like you’d actually want.
– Yeah, I don’t see it. I don’t see it.
– If you left this in a bowl of vinegar, I feel like it
would do a better job. – I can’t tell if there’s rust
that’s removed. It’s just shinier.
But I think that’s just ’cause it’s kind of wet with ketchup.
– I think the takeaway is ketchup’s disgusting.
– They both still look old, but this one does look better.
– This works. This is a legitimate hack.
– (FBE) So finally, you might be surprised to see
what you can do with yogurt. – Ohhh! Okay. Aside from
getting a balanced breakfast? – (woman) Yogurt contains lactic acid,
zinc, and B vitamins, which all offer benefits to your beauty regime.
Just be sure to use yogurt that does not have any
additional additives to it. – This sounds like
the same grandma from before. – (woman) …for your skin
and your hair. – Yeah, I’ve heard of this.
– (woman) One, prevents and treats dry and itchy skin.
– Am I gonna have to put yogurt on my face?
– (woman) …has the ability to moisturize your skin
and keep it hydrated. – Oh, no.
– (woman) …also can remove dead skin and leave your skin looking…
– You’re telling me yogurt is the new face mask?
– So, what? You’re just gonna rub yogurt on your skin?
– (woman) …prevent future itching. – But here’s my question:
Says who? (laughs) – Wow. That’s just
pure yogurt right there. – They just rub it into their skin?
– (FBE) Yeah. – You say it so matter-of-factly
as though this is what normal people do with yogurt.
– We’ll do a compare and contrast. All right. Here we go.
So, let’s try– let’s do this one. Ohh. Oooh! It’s like I’m at the spa.
– Oh. – Just like a little– look!
It kind of blends in. It doesn’t feel that bad.
It feels like lotion. – Oh man, that feels so weird.
That feels so– oh! Does it look weirder than it feels
or does it feel weirder than it looks? That’s the question.
– Feels kinda good. – It actually feels really good.
– Yeah. – But wouldn’t it leave
a residue, like sticky? – See, I already moisturized
before I came here. – Wait.
– You know, it’s FBE. I gotta, you know, be moisturized.
– I do think it’s a little sticky. I do think…
(claps softly) …that’s more sticktitude
than normal. I don’t like this. – Oh, okay. We’ll see.
Let’s put a dab of– there you go. Just a dab
of Go-Gurt, a dab of ranch. Mmm. – I’d say it works.
Is it… enjoyable? Maybe not. – If you have some yogurt
laying around… – Wow!
– …perfect for your– – That’s good.
– It actually feels way better. – No, you gotta dry it more.
Feel mine. Feel mine. Feel mine. – (both) Whoa!
– Yeah. – That’s impressive.
– Yeah. – I don’t wanna walk around
the building smelling like yogurt. – But my hands don’t feel
that bad, I guess. – Yeah, it doesn’t work
as a hand lotion if I need to then wipe my hands
with a wet nap after it. – It does feel a little bit softer.
I mean, I’ll give it– it does feel– I was like, “Wait a minute.”
– Yeah, I think this is definitely if you are out of lotion
and you have some yogurt laying around and you’re like,
“Ah, I need lotion,” this is an option.
– (FBE) So finally, which of these hacks would you be
the most curious to try again on your own?
– Walnut. – Walnut one.
– I think that was the coolest one. – The vinegar. Yeah.
I’d try the vinegar. – I liked doing the yogurt.
– I was gonna say the walnut. – The walnut probably.
It could work if it was a smaller scratch.
– I guess the vinegar one is the most promising to me.
– I would say honestly probably the ketchup, because I don’t at home
have anything that removes rust. If I could just leave that overnight
with a little bit of ketchup on it– I always have ketchup in my house,
so I would say that’s probably the one I’d be most likely to use. – Thanks for watching YouTubers play with their food
on the React Channel. – Subscribe to all the creators
that are in this episode. Links are in the description.
– Thanks for watching. Bye! – Hey, guys. Ethan here
from the React Channel. If you tried any of these at home
and got your shirt dirty, then you probably need a new one.
Feel free to check out our merch page, ’cause we’ve got awesome new stuff.